JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Director, HR/LP
NOTICE NUMBER: 0601117-HR-01
Performs professional level human resources work and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas - employee relations, staffing, compensation, training, employment law, investigations, and personnel research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred. Other combinations of job related experience and education that meet the requirements may be substituted.
- Three to five years of experience or more preferred working in a human resources capacity and/or multi-unit environment.
- Expertise in MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Prefer experience with PeopleSoft.
- May require some overnight travel.
- Maintains relationships by developing an understanding of the strategies and business operations; attends client meetings; assists in preparation of presentations; conducts HR Training classes; responds to inquiries; explains and enforces policies / procedures and acts as a liaison within the chain of command.
- Increases employee’s effectiveness by communicating job expectations. Coaches, counsels and ensures employee discipline is delivered in an equitable manner; communicates values, strategies and objectives. Plans, monitors and evaluates job results; assists in maintaining a climate conducive of open communication, opinions and feedback to employees; evaluates and resolves people issues; provides developmental opportunities for career advancement.
- Maximizes diversity by identifying issues; prepares store manager candidates prior to the interviewing process for possible promotion, and provide training and guidance to all management levels.
- Responds to employment related civil actions, federal agency charges and ethics line complaints by conducting investigations, creating and maintaining essential documentation and consulting with our HR Director and Sr. Legal Counsel.
- Resolves manager and employee allegations by investigating complaints and concerns; evaluating and offering possible courses of action; providing advice, guidance and direction to achieve resolution and closure.
- Maintains employee confidence within the chain-of-command by keeping information confidential with the appropriate safeguards.
- Ensures compliance with requirements, policies and regulations by explaining and enforcing adherence to Circle K systems, policies and civil laws, regulations and advising management of needed actions.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying and reviewing existing and new laws; auditing and enforcing adherence to mandatory requirements; rendering opinions and advising management of needed actions.
- Increases professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies and conventions.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing Financial and Key Result Areas pursuant to Company plan guidelines.
Send your resume to:
(813) 910-6910 (fax)
Copyright © 2003-2007 Circle K Stores, Inc. All Rights Reserved